Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Court to Hear Galliano Case

I just read that article in WWD from March 11, 2011 today. I received in the mail today since it takes longer for delivery to Los Angeles, CA.

I really can't believe that John Galliano is on trial for saying insulting someone in a bar while he was drinking. I am sure he didn't mean to say those things. Many people get drunk and say and do stupid things. Give the guy a break! I love John Galliano as a Fashion Designer. He is a true icon in the Fashion Industry. It is so sad to think that Dior fired him and will be replaced soon. John brought fantasy to the runway like no other designer.

The article goes on to say that John is in a rehab center in Arizona. I am assuming it's to stop drinking.

One thing that really shocked me in this article is:
"The penalty in France for insult against people due to their origin, belonging or not belonging to a religion, race or ethnicity is six months imprisonment and a fine of $31,271."

Now, that sounds atrocious.

No comments:

Post a Comment