Friday, May 13, 2011

Feel the Feelings

Why is it that people feel the need to hold in their feelings? I am struggling with this today. It's almost like we should just be robots and go through the motions without any feeling. Well, I guess today I don't want to hold in any feelings. Today, I feel sad and depressed. Not sure why I feel so reluctant to say this but I do. When you tell others something other than, "I'm feeling fine," it's almost like losing the approval of others. People don't want to associate with someone who is sad, hurting, or depressed, so put on a happy face for all to see! 


This is not so for me today, I have a right to have other feelings besides happiness. It seems strange that people dwell on finding happiness, but do we really know the meaning of happiness? And how could we know what happiness is like if we are never allowed to feel sadness? 


To be able to experience life fully, I think one must be able to experience all feelings without regret or remorse. I think that's truly what it is to become yourself and to be comfortable with being yourself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment